Tact is seeking Junior, Mid, and Senior Level Mechanical Engineers. Our challenging, fast-paced jobs require hands-on Engineers capable of designing parts in CAD, prototyping them in the lab, and teaching others how to make them. Tact Engineers know design practices for plastic, sheet metal, CNC, and die-cast parts. The Mechanical Engineers helps Silicon Valley companies ideate, design, prototype and document their new products. We sweat the details so the client can get the best solution in the shortest time frame. Tact Engineers need to be versatile and willing to work on all aspects of the product cycle form the beginning to the end and from exciting to tedious.
Tact is seeking Mid to Senior Mechanical Engineers who are mechanically gifted and hands-on. The ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative environment—simultaneously providing mentorship to the team while learning from the experience of the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a person who likes to take on the complete mechanical development of a product from beginning to end.
- Work closely with a small team to define, design, and develop consumer and industrial products.
- Define and implement engineering details that meet or exceed the client’s goals of product quality, features, cost, and schedule.
- Contribute to ideation, proof-of-concept creation, detail design, documentation and manufacturing support.
- Utilize experts on your team for ideas, new concepts, and advice. Offer your advice/experience/expertise to the team.
- Preserve Industrial Design intent, implement innovative fit and finishes.
- Help research new materials, processes, and technologies.
- Support team during tooling and manufacturing with documentation, Bill Of Materials, Engineering and Manufacturing Issues, fixture and tooling, vendor communication, and assembly support as needed.
- Oversee manufacturing team’s tool design. Support tool bring up, manufacturing processes, and pilot production builds.
- Travel overseas when necessary.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing consumer electronics from ideation through production.
- Wide breadth of material and process knowledge including: injection molded plastics, sheet metal, die-cast metals and finishing processes.
- Experience with 3D CAD (Pro/Engineer), engineering documentation and release packages for manufacturing.
- Solid communication skills and utilization of tools like email, sketching, spreadsheets, PowerPoint etc.
- Appreciation/understanding of other disciplines such as Industrial Design, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Electrical Engineering.
- Grow from every project, learn from every client, and absorb from every teammate.
At Tact, when we complete a project it doesn’t just look good — it works and feels great too. Join us and enjoy the thrill and satisfaction of seeing your work on store shelves and in use on the real world.